- Sailing Season: Every day, mid-March to end October
- Travel time from Doolin port to Inis Mor: 1 hour, 20 minutes
- Staying on the island? Download our Inis Mor Accommodation List
Sailing Times for Inis Mor (Departure Schedule & Timetable)
One daily departure (10:00) returning the same day (16:00)
|–> Doolin to Inis Mor||10:00||13:00* OVERNIGHT only, no same day return|
|<– Inis Mor to Doolin||11:30||16:00|
- Inis Mór (translates as “Big Island”) – the largest of the three Aran Islands
- Size: 14km by 3.8km
- Population: 900 approx
Inis Mor is the most visited island, with up to 2,000 visitors each day during the busy summer season. The island is a lively place at night, with great Irish music and dance shows. Kilronan is the main village on the island, where the ferry boats pull in. It has several dining, shopping and accommodation options to choose from. It also has the only ATM on the islands (genuine off-shore banking!) Other villages include Killeany, south of Kilronan and Kilmurvey – close to Dun Aengus.
Inis Mor has the widest variety of transport options because of its size and popularity.
- Mini-bus guided tour (eg Aran Bus Tour)
- Pony and trap guided tour
- Hire a bicycle