Dogs ARE Allowed On Aran Islands Ferry
Are Dogs allowed on Aran Islands Ferry – one of the most common questions we are asked! The answer is yes, we are happy to take dogs on board as long as they are well behaved. We have many passengers who come back to us every year with their dogs. The Aran Islands are a fantastic place to take your dog – long beaches and endless roads to run their little legs off.
Special Offer for Dog Owners
So we have confirmed dogs are allowed on Aran Islands ferry, but there’s more good news, they also go free 😉 AND in honour of National Dog Day, there is an extra special promotion for all Garrihy’s Doolin2Aran Ferries passengers. Get 20% Off Any Sailing with this promo code: DogsGoFree until August 31.
Here’s a little showcase of some of our canine visitors over the years:
Dog Friendly Options in North Clare
|Pets are an important part of the family and it can be heartbreaking (and very expensive) to leave them behind when you go on holidays. North Clare is one of the dog-friendliest places in Ireland. There are plenty of wide open spaces to give your dog a good run and the beaches in Clare and on the Aran Islands are fantastic places to cool down.||
If you ever need a doggy-sitter or doggy-walker while you are in Doolin, check out Happy Tails. This a fantastic service provided by Aisling, a local dog lover who knows all the best dog attractions and will take excellent care of your pup!
Tips for Dogs on Holiday in Ireland
- So to answer – Are dogs allowed on Aran Islands ferry, yes – but you must keep the dog on a leash on the boat, in busy areas and near other animals.
- During the summer, (even in Ireland!) the air inside a closed vehicle can get extremely hot. Remember to leave a window slightly open if you leave your pet inside a car, camper, or trailer.
- We would strongly recommend putting a collar and identification tag on your pet if they get loose and someone finds them.
- Don’t forget the pooper scooper and some ‘poop’ bags to keep Doolin and the Aran Islands looking beautiful for all our visitors 🙂
- Last but not least, plenty of fresh water for the doggie.
Places to Stay with Your Dog in North Clare
- Nagles Camping and Caravan Park, Doolin
- Riverside Camping, Doolin
- Gregan’s Castle (Georgina Campbell’s Pet Friendly Hotel of the Year 2015)
Travel writer, Pol O’Conghaile wrote a great article on Pet Friendly Places in Ireland – worth a read.
Sailing Times to the Aran Islands
There is a special promotion for all Garrihy’s Doolin2Aran Ferries passengers for National Dog Day. As a reminder that all Dogs Go Free with us – get 20% Off Any Sailing with this promo code: DogsGoFree This is only valid until August 31 so why not check our timetable for our sailings to the Aran Islands and plan a trip with your four-legged friend!
We really do like dogs – especially Aidan in our pier office, he just loves dogs – you should see him when he spots one on the pier 😉