COVID 19 SAFE CHARTER
Let’s All Protect Each Other
To prevent the spread of COVID 19, we have worked hard on our new COVID 19 Safe Charter to try and protect our staff, crew and passengers in our booking offices, while boarding and while on board our ships. We have significantly reduced our seating capacity to cater for social distancing and significantly increased our cleaning and crowd control procedures. This charter is in line with World Health Organisation, HSE guidelines and the Burren Ecotourism Network COVID 19 Safe Charter.
Planning Your Visit
Book Ahead Online
- All bookings should be made online so that we are in complete control of passengers numbers and also to reduce queuing and visitor numbers on Doolin pier.
- Use our booking system to select the boat trip you want, follow the instructions and complete your contact details and payment.
- This also ensures that we can quickly comply with contact tracing should that be necessary.
- You will receive email confirmation with full details on boarding procedures.
- When you arrive at Doolin pier, please observe social distancing protocols, hand hygiene and coughing etiquette at all times.
- One member of your group should present themselves at our booking office. You will then be given full instructions on where to queue in order to board the ship.
Our Cleaning Regime
We have a comprehensive, consistent cleaning programme in place for our booking office and our vessels.
- A maximum of 2 customers are permitted in the office at any one time, while maintaining social distancing.
- There will be hand sanitizer stations available in our booking office and all customers will be required to sanitize their hands.
- All counters and touch-points (door handles, switches, computer keyboards, mouse, telephones) in our booking office will be regularly disinfected.
- All passengers will be required to use hand sanitizer before boarding. There are also several hand sanitizers on board.
- Once passengers have boarded the gangway, the gangway will be pulled on board and disinfected.
- Once all passengers have disembarked, the vessel will be thoroughly cleaned.
Passengers Code of Conduct:
Boarding, On Board and Disembarking
- All crew and staff who are in close contact with passengers will wear face masks and we recommend passengers bring their own masks. We will also have masks available to purchase.
- Follow our crew instructions at all times.
- Please maintain social distancing while queuing, boarding and on board our vessels.
- You will be escorted to your seat on the vessel by our crew.
- The ship wheelhouse is out of bounds to all but designated crew.
- We would advise you to use the pier toilets before boarding and if at all possible, we ask that you do not use the toilets on board in order to keep any possible risks to a minimum.
- When the ship is pulling back into port, you must remain in your seat and wait for our crew to direct you to leave so that we can control the flow of passengers in a proper orderly exit.
5 Star Customer Experience
We look forward to taking you and your families out sailing – what better way to celebrate our freedom than to breathe the Wild Atlantic air!
Working together, we are confident that you will have a safe, welcoming and memorable experience with us. So let’s all protect each other.
With all our best wishes from our families to yours,
Donie, Eugene, Joe and PJ Garrihy and all the team at Garrihys Doolin2Aran Ferries