There will be major diversions around the Lahinch area, and visitors to Lahinch (golf-related or not!) have been advised to avoid driving straight into the town, and instead, to turn off their Sat-Nav and follow the road signage to the park & ride site.
The R478 between Liscannor and Lahinch Golf Club will be closed from O’Brien’s Bridge from Wed 3rd July to Sunday 7th July (pictured below).
There are 3 options for access via Shuttle Bus which will be signposted:
- Moy (south of Lahinch) – Park and Ride
- Ennistymon Road to Lahinch (N67) – Park and Ride
- Liscannor to Lahinch Road (R478), near Sandfield House Pitch & Putt – Park and Ride
Times for Shuttle Bus
- Wednesday July 3rd: 7am to 8:45pm
- Thursday July 4th & Saturday 6th: 6:15am to 10pm
- Sunday July 7th: 6:15am to 8pm
- The service is free to both spectators and other visitors to Lahinch
Alternative routes to North Clare
From Ennis: R476 through Corofin – Kilfenora – Lisdoonvarna
From the south of Lahinch: Park & Ride facility between Moy and Lahinch – no direct vehicle access to Liscannor from Lahinch
From Lahinch to North Clare: through N67 through Ennistymon (though expect event-related delays); alternative route from Lahinch is the N67 through Ennistymon
From Miltown Malbay and further south: use the R474 – R460 turning in Inagh onto the N85 to Ennistymon and then north via the N67
For more information, see the European Tour Site. As well as the golf, there is a great line up of bands on the prom for the weekend so plan ahead and enjoy the experience!
And of course, if you want to get away from land-based traffic blues, you can always escape on a boat trip 😉