- Sailing Season: Every day, mid-March to end October
- Travel time from Doolin port to Inis Oirr: 30 mins
- Staying on the island? Download our Inis Oirr Accommodation List
Sailing Times for Inis Oirr (Departure Schedule & Timetable)
Three daily departures returning the same day, two optional afternoon return times.
|–> Doolin to Inis Oirr||10:00||11:00||13:00||16:00* 17:30* OVERNIGHT only, no same day return|
|<– Inis Oirr to Doolin||08:30||12:15||13:45||16:45|
- Inis Oírr (translates as “Eastern Island”) – closest island to Doolin
- Size: 3km by 2km; Population: 250 approx
Inis Oirr (Eastern Island) is only a 30 minute ferry journey from Doolin. There are many attractions to be found here – ancient castles, a shipwreck, a lighthouse, one of Ireland’s most beautiful beaches, a modern playground and several fine pubs and cafes. The 3 pubs all serve good, local food and traditional Irish music can be heard on a daily basis.
There are a number of ways to see the island while you are there. You can walk along the many quiet roads, rent a bicycle on the island, or take a guided tour in one of the pony & traps or tour buses.
Visit the island’s website for more information.